Nurses have the power to change the conversation on health care – starting with your senators, right now.
Can you speak out for your patients today? A two-minute phone call could make all the difference for patients who are on the brink of losing their health insurance.
Just dial 1-202-224-3121 to reach the Capitol Switchboard and an operator will connect you to your senator’s office.
When you’re connected, here are some pointers to guide your conversation:
- Share your name and your town or city so they’ll know you’re a constituent.
- Tell the staffer that you are a nurse, and you’re concerned that patients like yours could lose access to health care if the Affordable Care Act is repealed.
- Remind them that insurance costs were skyrocketing before the ACA went into effect, and that without it, millions of people would have simply been priced out of healthcare already.1
- Explain that, as a nurse, you want to share your personal story of how you experience the healthcare system. Share your vision for what is working and what is not, and what Washington can do to fix those problems.
- Finally, thank them for their time. If you have another minute, call the switchboard again and ask to speak to your other senator’s office.
Once you’re done, let us know you’ve made your call so we can keep track of which senators are hearing from nurses and hold them accountable here in Washington.
Thank you for taking care of your patients every day, and thank you for speaking out today. Nurses like you truly are making a difference in Washington!