Earlier today, ANA submitted a letter from President Pamela F. Cipriano, PhD, RN, FAAN to Congressional leaders detailing our concerns over the House healthcare reform legislation introduced earlier this week. The letter details the bills shortcomings and expresses our opposition to the legislation in its current form.
ANA has serious concerns with a number of the bill’s key provisions that seek to do the following:
- Replace pre-existing condition discrimination protections with continuous coverage buy-in penalties
- Wind-down Medicaid expansion and fundamentally shift the program to a per-capita block grant funding structure for states
- Eliminate the Prevention and Public Health Fund
- Restrict access to women’s health services
- Repeal income-based subsidies in exchange for age-based tax credits
We’ll continue to closely monitor developments around healthcare reform, and urge you to continue to following Capitol Beat and our RN Action twitter account for the updates.